Friday, February 25, 2011

Working out the budget of working out

We pay so much to work out. Health club memberships, personal trainers and gym equipment can be so expensive. I am firm believer in exercising, but want to keep an eye on my budget. I think one of the most elegant exercise is running. The only investment you need is a good pair of running shoes. You can run outside 3 out of the 4 seasons. The sidewalk never closes, and there's an endless track. That's what I started doing 6 years ago. I love to run outside, but you do have to watch the weather. So, I started keeping my eyes open for a treadmill to use inside when the weather was less than terrific. Luck would have it that I came upon a health club that was having an auction. I was able to pick up a broken health club quality treadmill for $30. I am very fortunate to have a husband who can fix anything. He fixed a TRUE brand treadmill which now is proudly displayed

in my exercise room. Another great inexpensive exercise is the jump rope. You can pick up a nice one for about $10 on Amazon.com, and it burns between 10-20 calories/minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment