Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Get information at a Glance

I love things that are simple. There's an elegance and something so right about simplicity. The thing that was complicating my life was my schedule. Since my appointment book was not always handy, I would forget to write things down, and forget to look at it. I bought a huge desk size calendar that I hang on my kitchen wall. I look at it every morning as I am eating breakfast. I can see my monthly appointments at a glance. Since the calendar is so big, there's room to tape things on the exact date. For example, when I get a dentist appointment for six months later, I simply tape the appointment card on to the right date block on the calendar. This method has worked so well, I have extended it beyond my appointments. On the 1st of each month, I have a reminder to change the air filter on the furnace. Every 3 months, a reminder to schedule an oil change for my car. If you're prone to forgetting, or like being on top of things, consider hanging a big calendar in a heavy traffic spot in your house.

No comments:

Post a Comment