Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Purchasing coupons and stock piling what you really want

I used to clip the Sunday coupons, and file them religiously. I spent a lot of time on an activity I did not particularly enjoy. I came to a realization that my biggest savings came when I stockpiled the items we used at rock bottom prices. Now, I don’t even buy the Sunday paper, and use a coupon clipping service for my needed items. I am not tempted to buy items I don’t want, but get great prices for the things I really need. Sure, I don’t save 50 cents on every item in my cart, but stock piling items I use, more than makes up for it. I spend between $5-$10/month on coupon clipping service. I used to spend $8 on the Sunday paper. Recently, I ordered (20) $1 off Quaker oatmeal coupons for $2.50 shipped. I will get 20 boxes for free this week after double coupons.

No comments:

Post a Comment