Saturday, January 29, 2011

Indirect buying can be cheaper than direct buying

A comedian told a funny story about how he does not understand why shopping is a past time for women. He said "if I am cold, I buy myself a coat, then I am not cold anymore". There is nothing to discuss, ponder over, or to do a "wait and see". Buy what you need, what could be more simple than that!

Simple? YES, great price? NO! I was looking to buy the Microsoft Productivity software. You know, the whole suite of software where it comes with Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. I could not find anything for under $150. I was looking in Craigslist like I always do, and came upon a used computer that was preloaded with the Microsoft Productivity software. The lady that had placed the ad was very kind, and gave me the computer at no charge. So, rather than buying the software directly, I got the computer with the software already loaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment